This designation was brought about by our observation that the financial services industry is constantly evolving.
A series of courses and seminars will be conducted for holders of this designation, giving them the opportunity to upgrade their knowledge both in insurance and other important related areas so that sophisticated and discerning clients can be better serviced.
IFPAS enables and regulates the use of the professional designation AFC. Holders of this designation may use the initial AFC after their names.
Why should I apply?
- To be well-versed in the fundamentals of financial planning.
- To be a knowledgeable and well-informed practitioner who provides each client with a customised professional financial planning service.
- To keep abreast of the latest developments in the financial planning arena.
- To be well-informed on legislation surrounding financial planning and be able to give sound advice under any given legal environment.
- To ensure that the client is accorded a high standard of professional advice and service.
- Insurance and financial services practitioners who have at least one year of experience in life insurance or the financial services industry on the date of application.
- Insurance and financial services practitioners who successfully completed any of the following courses :
- FChFP Module 1 (Fundamentals of Investment and Financial Planning)
- HS320 (Fundamentals of Financial Planning [TAC/SCI]), or Diploma in Life Insurance (TAC/SCI) and HS328 (Investments [TAC/SCI])
- ChFC01 (Fundamentals of Financial Planning and Investments)
- Diploma in Financial Planning (SCI)
- Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning) (RMIT)
• EF241 (Personal Financial Management)
• EF440 (Investment and Portfolio Management)
- Associate Financial Planner Course
- Certificate in Financial Need Analysis and Plan Construction (SCI) (graduates after 10 September 2007)
Download AFC application form for new application
Download AFC renewal form
This designation is awarded by Singapore College of Insurance (SCI) under the license from The American College (TAC) to candidates who successfully meet the education requirement and the necessary experience and ethics requirements.
To maintain the ChFC®/S designation, holders are required to complete a minimum of 30 hours of CPD credits with SCI every two years. The CPD credits earned per reporting period must be from educational activities in acceptable subject matter areas. Renewal of designation is dependent on fulfilling the required CPD hours.
Click here for more information.